Watermelon And Cantaloupe Sweet Summer Salad Recipe
When I was growing up, cantaloupe was referred to as “mush melon”. I didn’t realize it was actually a “cantaloupe” until I was well into my teenage years!
These days, I don’t care what it’s called as long as it’s on my plate!
WATERMELON AND CANTALOUPE SWEET SUMMER SALAD RECIPE
- 1 c watermelon, cubed
- 1 c cantaloupe, cubed
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced
- 1 c micro greens
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- salt, to taste
- Combine watermelon and cantaloupe in a bowl and toss with salt to taste.
- Place micro greens on a plate.
- Place watermelon and cantaloupe mixture on top of greens and cover with red onions.
- Drizzle olive oil on top, and enjoy!
- Honeydew melon makes a fine substitution for cantaloupe.
- Don’t have any micro greens on hand? Substitute spinach or arugula instead. The flavors are excellent with this salad!
Cantaloupe is packed with beautifying beta-carotene, which converts to vitamin A in the body. It helps to shed the outer layer of dead skin cells to keep your skin blemish-free and even improves elasticity so you can say goodbye to wrinkles!
Hungry for more? Check out this delicious Watermelon Blizzard Recipe!