Watermelon Blizzard Recipe
I grew up in the South where it seemed there was a Dairy Queen on every corner. My palate and knowledge of nutrition are both more refined now, but I still crave those creamy, frosty blizzard on a hot, summer day.
So, in the spirit of Memorial Day, give this refreshing Watermelon Blizzard Recipe a try!
WATERMELON BLIZZARD RECIPE
- 2 1/2 c frozen watermelon cubes
- 1 banana
- 1/2 c water
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 3-4 drops liquid stevia
- Place all ingredients into your Vitamix.
- Blend until nice and frothy.
- Serve, enjoy, and repeat as needed (or wanted).
- No limes on hand? No worries! Substitute lemon juice instead.
- If watermelon isn’t your thing, try cantaloupe — it’s delicious!
- If you don’t have a Vitamix, feel free to use any brand of blender you have on hand.
The trick is to find the ripest watermelon you can. This means the drink will be sweet without adding any sweetener!
Watermelon is packed with fiber and has a low glycemic load, so it satisfies your cravings and prevents new ones!
It’s also rich in vitamin B6 which helps boost energy and vitamin A to help beautify your skin.
Hungry for more? Give this Spicy Avocado Cucumber Salad Recipe a try!