Southwest Bean Salad Recipe
I love this recipe because it’s super fast to put together, it keeps me full for hours, and it’s delicious. This is my go-to dish when I have unexpected guests. Even my daughter loves it!
SOUTHWEST BEAN SALAD RECIPE
- 1 1/2 c black beans, cooked (or 1 15 oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 1 c frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 1/2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 avocado, diced
- 6 c fresh arugula
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine beans, corn, tomatoes, onion, chili powder, lemon juice, and lime juice in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Place over a bed of arugula.
- Top with avocado, salt, and pepper. Dig in, and enjoy!
- You can use pinto beans instead of black beans or even try lentils. They all taste delicious!
- Feel free to substitute a few tablespoons of guacamole for the avocado if you have it handy.
Unlike canned vegetables, canned beans are actually very nutritious. Just be sure to rinse well to reduce the sodium content.
While fresh is always best, if you’re in a pinch, feel free to use canned as long as the lining of the can is BPA-free.
Hungry for more? Check out this delicious Spicy Avocado Cucumber Salad Recipe!