Refreshing Strawberry And Lemon Mint Salad Recipe
I remember being a little girl, picking strawberries from the hot dirt and just popping them right into my mouth where they would melt like candy.
My love affair with strawberries began when I was 4 and has continued ever since. This is one of my favorite ways to enjoy them!
Makes 2 servings
- 1 ½ c fresh strawberries, sliced
- ½ c almonds, sliced
- 3 c mixed greens
- 10 – 12 fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 c fresh strawberries
- 1/4 c packed fresh mint
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp hemp oil
- 1 tsp blackstrap molasses
- Add greens, strawberries, almonds, and mint to large bowl
- Blend all dressing ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Top salad with dressing and dig in!
If blackstrap molasses are too bittersweet for you, try honey or maple syrup. You can also boost the beautifying antioxidant level in this salad by tossing on another ½ c of blueberries, blackberries, or both!
TRANSFORMATIONAL NUTRITION BENEFITS
Blackstrap molasses is rich in iron to help increase energy. They’re also a very good source of calcium, copper, manganese, potassium, and magnesium – all essential minerals for strong bones, gorgeous hair, and radiant skin!