Quick And Easy Baby Dal Recipe
It’s that time of year to embrace comfort foods and focus on staying healthy. This quick and easy baby dal recipe will help you out with both of those tasks!
Lentils are a great source of folate and manganese and help with digestion while carrots and broth will help give your immune system a much needed boost this cold and flu season.
The health benefits of curry are vast as it’s known to have anti-cancer properties, aid in digestion, and help to minimize inflammation.
This recipe is a great way to add curry to your weekly meal plan!
QUICK AND EASY BABY DAL RECIPE
- 3 c vegetable broth
- 2 c water
- 1 c red lentils
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 3 large Yukon Gold potatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp curry
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt, to taste
- Rinse lentils well and drain.
- Place all ingredients in a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cover. Simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and enjoy.
- Add some spinach or kale in just before removing from heat for some extra vitamins and nutrients.
- Sprinkle with cracked pepper to increase the bioavailability of the turmeric, found in the curry seasoning, and to enhance the flavor.
- Swap out the Yukon Gold potatoes with sweet potatoes or butternut squash for a sweeter taste.
What’s your favorite healthy comfort food to enjoy? Tell us below.