Ready To Find Your Purpose? Read This!
Jenny had been searching for years to find her “purpose”. Everywhere she looked, she saw people inspired and driven by their crystal clear purpose.
She couldn’t figure out how everyone just knew what they were meant to do! She felt like something was wrong with her and that she didn’t have just one purpose in her life.
One day, Jenny stumbled across this simple set of questions to help her get out of her way, uncover her purpose, and start to live a life that aligns with it!
And guess what? Using these questions, she did just that!
This set of 15 powerful questions will help you to clear out the gunk and get down to the nitty-gritty of exactly WHAT your purpose is and how to make it a priority every single day!
These simple questions are meant to be used as a guide to help you get into a frame of mind that will be conducive to defining your personal mission.
Don’t overthink this process and don’t doubt yourself!
Here are the simple instructions!
- Take out a few sheets of loose paper and a pen.
- Find a place where you will not be interrupted. Turn off your cell phone.
- Write the answers to each question down. Write the first thing that pops into your head.
- Write without editing. Use bullet points. It’s essential to write out your answers rather than just thinking about them.
- Write quickly. Give yourself less than 60 seconds a question. Preferably less than 30 seconds.
- Be honest. Nobody will read it (unless you want to share). It’s important to write without editing.
- Enjoy the moment and smile as you write.
Are you ready to discover your purpose, have some fun, and create transformational shifts in your life? Let’s dive into the questions!
READY TO DISCOVER YOUR PURPOSE? READ THIS!
- What makes you smile? (Activities, people, events, hobbies, projects, etc.)
- What were your favorite things to do in the past? What about now?
- What activities make you lose track of time?
- What makes you feel great about yourself?
- Who inspires you most? (Anyone you know or do not know. Family, friends, authors, artists, leaders, etc.) Which qualities inspire you in each person?
- What are you naturally good at? (Skills, abilities, gifts, etc.)
- What areas do people typically ask you for help in?
- If you had to teach something, what would you teach?
- What would you regret not fully doing, being, or having in your life?
- You are now 90 years old, sitting on a rocking chair outside your porch; you can feel the spring breeze gently brushing against your face. You are blissful and happy and are pleased with the wonderful life you’ve been blessed with. Looking back at your life and all that you’ve achieved and acquired, all the relationships you’ve developed; what matters to you most? List them out.
- What are your deepest values? Select 3 to 6 and prioritize the words in order of importance to you.
- What were some challenges, difficulties, and hardships you’ve overcome or are in the process of overcoming? How did you do it?
- What causes do you strongly believe in? Connect with?
- If you could get a message across to a large group of people. Who would those people be? What would your message be?
- Given your talents, passions, and values. How could you use these resources to serve, help, or contribute? (To people, beings, causes, organization, environment, planet, etc.)
Now that you’ve discovered what your purpose is, act on it!
Ask yourself, “What is the next step to ensure that I live out my purpose?” Once you’re clear on your next step, give yourself permission to do it!
Remember that your purpose and mission may, and most likely will, change over time — that’s totally normal! Embrace it!
Feel free to come back to these powerful questions as often as you need to help you stay on track and in alignment with your purpose, passion, and mission!
We’d love to know what your newfound purpose is! Share it with us in the comments!