Piña Colada Mocktail Recipe
Sober curious communities are on the rise so we thought we’d put together a yummy, and HEALTHY Piña Colada Mocktail recipe just for you!
Who says you can’t enjoy that tropical taste (while dreaming of warm weather, palm trees, and waves crashing on a beach) while enjoying some healthful benefits? We don’t!
We hope you’ll treat yourself to this delicious Piña Colada Mocktail and reap the benefits of some nutritious fruits!
PIÑA COLADA MOCKTAIL RECIPE
- 2 c frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 c freshly squeezed lime juice
- 14 oz can coconut milk
- 2 c ice
- honey (for the rim)
- toasted coconut (for the rim)
- Place the toasted coconut on a small plate.
- Rim the lip of the glasses with honey and press into the toasted coconut. Set aside.
- Combine the frozen pineapple, lime juice, coconut milk and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into the garnished glasses and enjoy!
- Feel free to add frozen strawberries to make a “Strawberry Piña Colada Mocktail”!
- Spice it up with a dash of sea salt!
- If you’re looking for a cocktail, don’t you worry! Simply add rum, or your favorite liquor, and enjoy!
Let’s chat about the benefits of this delicious mocktail, or for some of you, cocktail!
Why do we love pineapples so much?
- Low in calories: Pineapples are lower in calories and high in nutrient power! In just one serving of pineapple, you’ll enjoy a shot of vitamin C, fiber, manganese, vitamin B6, thiamin, folate, potassium, riboflavin, and magnesium! (Celebrate!)
- Combat oxidative stress: That’s right! By enjoying this mocktail, you’re getting a boost of antioxidants that fight oxidative stress and chronic inflammation! #lovethoselittleguys
- Aids in digestion: Pineapple contains a powerful little digestive enzyme known as bromelain! This enzyme helps to breakdown foods and make your digestive tract happy and healthy!
- Immune booster & inflammation killer: Thanks to the bromelain (mentioned above) and anti-oxidants, pineapple has been shown to boost the immune system and minimize internal inflammation!
- Speeds recovery: Whether you just got out of surgery or are recovering from an intense workout, pineapple will help speed up your recovery and cut back on any downtime. #gainsbro
- Easy to enjoy: Need something for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a snack? Pineapple has you covered! This tasty fruit is an excellent addition to any meal!
Comment below and tell us how you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo! (Hopefully with this tasty mocktail!)
Hungry for more? Check out this delicious Watermelon Blizzard Recipe, which can also make a delicious and healthy mocktail!