Cleansing Pecan Pie Smoothie Recipe
Can you even believe your eyes? The word cleansing and pie in one sentence? It can’t be!
Well, friends, it’s true! We’ve done it (we’re talented like that)! We’ve created the very first cleansing pecan pie — in smoothie form, of course!
It’s delicious, sweet, satisfying, and plump full of health benefits! Enjoy the smoothie first — thank us later!
CLEANSING PECAN PIE SMOOTHIE RECIPE
- 4 oz unsweetened almond milk
- 2 T organic hemp protein powder
- 1/4 c pecans, soaked for 2 hours or more (optional if you have a high powered blender)
- 1 frozen peeled banana, sliced
- 1 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of Celtic Sea Salt
- Place all the ingredients to your blender.
- Blend for 30 –60 seconds or until the smoothie is creamy.
- Pour into your favorite smoothie glass and enjoy!
- Sub out the almond milk for any kind of nut milk to keep it dairy free!
- Opt for grass-fed whey protein powder or pea protein powder instead of hemp.
- Top with coconut flakes, chia seeds, or pecan pieces for a tasty crunch.
This smoothie is rich in fiber and protein to curb cravings and keep you full for hours. The cleansing power of hemp partnered with the vitamins and minerals in pecans help boost energy and detoxify the body.
HERE’S THE BREAKDOWN
- Dates are rich in fiber, which essential to overall health and necessary for happy digestion!
- The added protein makes this a great snack or meal to keep you satiated, especially if you are on the go. It’s a great grab and go snack!
- Hemp protein contains soluble and insoluble fiber and naturally cleanses the colon! Hemp protein can also reduce constipation and help to rid toxins from your body!
- Pecans bring it all home by also improving digestion and offering B-complex vitamins to support the metabolism and the detoxification process.
Detoxing can be defined as lifestyle changes that reduce the exposure of toxins while nourishing and supporting the body’s own abilities to improve digestion and elimination. Simple, right?
As you start making better choices about the food you eat, use your body’s clues to observe the changes that are taking place.
As you can see, none of this involves starving yourself or limiting yourself to only juices or shakes for days at a time. These gimmicks don’t work long-term.
Changes in your diet and lifestyle can trigger all kinds of reactions so remember to be patient and simply observe the process.
What, at first, is out of the ordinary, may quickly turn and become a new state of calm, control, and clarity, unlike anything you’ve experienced.
At ITN, we know what’s important! It’s all about nourishing the body while you cleanse (gotta have some fun, after all!) and this shake does that in a tasty way!
Hungry for more? Check out this Green And Lean Smoothie Recipe that will also support healthy digestion and metabolism!