Pear, Walnut, And Cranberry Salad Recipe
When my daughter was born, her love of pears encouraged me to indulge in them for the first time. Yes, really! I had just never been interested in them before.
Now, I’m hooked! This is one of my favorite pear recipes!
PEAR, WALNUT, AND CRANBERRY SALAD RECIPE
- 3 c spinach
- 1/2 c pear, sliced
- 2 Tbsp walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 c dried cranberries
- 1/3 c red onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp macadamia nut oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp clove garlic, minced
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl, and pour the dressing on top.
- Toss, serve, and enjoy!
- You can choose almonds or pecans instead of walnuts.
- Feel free to substitute olive oil for macadamia nut oil.
- Not a fan of cranberries? Use raisins or a fresh, tart fruit instead!
On top of tasting buttery sweet, studies show that pears boost metabolism and can speed up weight loss.
Plus, walnuts boost serotonin levels and reduce levels of inflammation in the body to help with heart health and metabolic syndrome, a condition that may cause you to store extra weight around the middle.
Want more delicious pear recipes? Try this Cleansing Kale Pear Salad Recipe!