Oh Yeah, It’s Brownies Recipe
I have the best memories of making yummy brownies when I was younger. It seemed there was nothing a hot, moist plate of chocolate couldn’t fix.
Imagine my surprise when I found out that my logic was a bit flawed and that brownies aren’t, in fact, miracle workers.
Luckily for you, this healthier version does have some amazing health benefits and tastes delicious! If you decide to call them miracle workers, I will completely understand.
Makes 16 servings
- 1 c Medjool dates, pitted
- ½ c raw walnuts
- ½ c raw pecans
- 4 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 bananas
- ½ c raw cacao powder
- 4 tbsp raw almond butter
- 3 – 5 drops liquid stevia
- Add all crust ingredients to a food processor until well blended.
- Spread crust in a baking pan.
- Add all topping ingredients to a food processor until well blended.
- Spread topping over crust.
- Place in freezer for 20 minutes, cut into 16 pieces and enjoy!
Make sure to use fully ripe bananas for the topping to get the best taste. Also, this recipe freezes well so you can wrap them individually and save the leftovers for a later date.
TRANSFORMATIONAL NUTRITION BENEFITS
Dates are an amazing choice when it comes to sweeteners. They contain health-boosting and beautifying antioxidants called tannins, which are anti-inflammatory. Plus they are full of fiber, which prevents cholesterol absorption.