Yes Please Mac & Cheese Recipe
I loved macaroni and cheese, and once I started eating a plant-based diet, I was afraid I would have to give up that delicious comfort dish forever!
But with a little creativity, I came up with this kid-friendly recipe. It hit the spot, and now my daughter loves it too!
YES PLEASE MAC & CHEESE RECIPE
- 1 c gluten-free elbow pasta
- 1 small sweet potato, chopped
- 1/2 c almond milk
- 1/4 tsp mustard
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Steam sweet potato for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Follow directions on the box to cook pasta until it’s al dente. Then drain, cover, and set aside.
- Once the sweet potato is tender, add to blender with almond milk, lemon juice, mustard, nutritional yeast, olive oil, and garlic powder. Mix well.
- Add sweet potato mixture to pasta, heat over medium-high heat for 3 minutes or until hot, and serve!
- After step 3, you can fold in pasta and add mixture to a baking dish sprayed with virgin olive oil. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes or until top begins to brown.
- Put this on a nice plate instead of a colorful kids bowl, and you’ve got a sophisticated dinner!
Sweet potatoes are brimming with immune-boosting beta-carotene and vitamin C to help keep kids and adults healthy and strong!
Plus they are packed with potassium so your little one can build and maintain muscles for all those hours of active playtime!
Looking for more kid-friendly, healthy recipes? Check out these Energy Bars.