Lamb, Honey, And Peach Kebabs With Zucchini Tartare Recipe
Are you planning a barbecue with friends and family for the upcoming long weekend? Try this delicious, healthy, and sophisticated French recipe that is sure to impress everyone!
Want to know my two favorite fruits during the summer? Peaches and zucchini!
In a culinary context, the zucchini is treated as a vegetable. Botanically though, zucchinis are fruits! (Did you know that?)
Most health practitioners suggest that we should eat more vegetables than fruit. But a lot of so-called vegetables (such as zucchini, pumpkin, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, eggplant, and green beans) are actually fruits!
Botanically speaking, a salad made with cucumbers, peppers, and tomatoes should be described as a fruit salad!
But, in the world we live in, those are vegetables. Either way, these are nutrient-rich items so feel free to eat up!
LAMB, HONEY, AND PEACH KEBABS WITH ZUCCHINI TARTARE RECIPE
- 2 lbs lamb loin meat
- 4 white peaches (not too ripe!)
- 8 rosemary sprigs
- 10 basil leaves
- 3 zucchini (firm is ideal)
- 1 lemon
- 1 t whole grain French mustard
- 2 T local honey
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 T poppy seeds
- 1/2 t pink pepper
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven broiler to high (or barbecue). Cut the meat into 1-inch cubes.
- Prepare the marinade: In a large bowl, combine mustard, honey, and 2 T of olive oil. Add the meat cubes and toss well to coat. Cover the bowl and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the Zucchini Tartare: Wash and peel the zucchini. Chop into tiny cubes. Season with salt, and drizzle with the remaining olive oil and lemon juice. Add the poppy seeds, coarsely chopped pepper, and chopped basil leaves. Mix well and chill in the fridge until serving.
- Prepare the skewers: Cut each peach into 8 pieces. Chop up the rosemary needles. On each skewer, thread a cube of meat alternating with a piece of peach. Season with salt and drizzle the chopped rosemary. Brown under the oven broiler for 10 minutes, turning skewers regularly.
- Serve with the well-chilled zucchini tartare.
- For the most tender part of the lamb, get the lamb loin.
- Alternatively, the shank end of a boneless leg of lamb is less expensive and just as easy to trim and cut into cubes.
- You can also use beef instead of lamb.
- Add any other favored veggies to the skewers.
THE BENEFITS OF LAMB AND PEACHES
Being rich in high-quality protein and many vitamins and minerals, lamb can be an excellent component of a healthy diet.
Lamb is an excellent source of iron, zinc, and B12. Because of these vitamins and minerals, it may help to promote muscle growth, maintenance, and recovery!
Peaches also have an impressive nutrient profile! They contain high levels of required vitamins and nutrients, as well as antioxidants.
They have been said to minimize the risk of certain types of cancer, aid in digestion, and may improve heart health!
Not only is this recipe easy to follow and a treat for your tastebuds, but it also offers a variety of nutrients that will leave your body happy and healthy.
Don’t be afraid to have some fun with these botanical fruits — after all, they are likable by all!
What are some of your favorite kebab options? Tell us in the comments!