Healthy Summer Mocktail Recipes
Jared and Marie were heading to a neighborhood gathering to celebrate the last few weeks of summer!
They had been extra committed to taking care of their bodies and overall health all summer long and were feeling amazing!
Between upping their vegetables, increasing their intake of detox type herbs and supplements, getting plenty of sleep, spending time nature to minimize their stress, focusing on meditation, and committing to some sort of movement each day, they were feeling better than ever!
And while they were really looking forward to connecting with their wonderful neighbors, they knew they were willing to give up their health progress for a nice of cocktails and appetizers lacking in nutrients.
So, they prepped ahead of time and decided to bring a few healthy hor devours and some alcohol-free mocktails!
They wanted to focus on mocktails that gave them a nutrient boost, detox support, and treated their taste buds, which is why they settled on a Mint Julep Mocktail and a Lazy Lavender Lemonade Mocktail!
You too can enjoy these guilt-free mocktails that will leave your body feeling amazing, refreshed, and will keep you from sabotaging your progress and transformation!
HEALTHY SUMMER MOCKTAIL RECIPES
MINT JULEP MOCKTAIL RECIPE
- 2 T water
- 4 drops of liquid stevia or 1/2 T of honey
- 1-1/2 t chopped, fresh mint leaves
- 1 c crushed ice
- 1/4 c prepared lemonade (1/2 c of freshly juiced lemon juice (usually 2-3 lemons), 1/2 t of stevia (depending on taste), 3 c of water)
- Fresh mint sprigs for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine the water, stevia or honey, and chopped mint. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and set aside to cool. When the mixture is cool, strain out mint leaves.
- Fill a glass with crushed ice, and fill ½ with lemonade and the other half with mint mixture.
- Garnish with mint sprigs.
- Try tripling or quadrupling this recipe and making it on the weekend so that it’s quick and easy for you to enjoy after a long day.
- Muddle blackberries into the lemonade to add a berry twist.
LAZY LAVENDER LEMONADE MOCKTAIL RECIPE
- 1/2 c of freshly juiced lemon juice (usually 2-3 lemons)
- 1/2 t of stevia (depending on taste)
- 3 c of water
- 2 sprigs of lavender
- Bring water and lavender to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain and pour into glass.
- Add lemon juice and stevia. Chill and serve over ice.
- Sub the lemon juice for lime juice to make limeade!
- Swap out the stevia for raw, local honey.
Mint and lavender offer more than just a delicious taste that will leave your tastebuds joyful! They also provide impressive health benefits.
Did you know that mint is awesome for your digestive health and immune system? Aside from those things, mint can also reduce your stress, improve mental awareness, freshen your breath, and offers a host of nutrients!
Enjoy the lavender in this recipe and receive anti-inflammatory benefits! Lavender is also known for its ability to calm and aids in minimizing stress.
The best part about both of these herbs is that you can easily grow these in your backyard or even in a sunny window in your home.
They are easy to grow, harvest, and enjoy! Tell us your favorite herbs to craft up mocktails with!
Hungry for more? Check out this Piña Colada Mocktail Recipe!