Gluten-Free Banana Oat Cookies Recipe
If you are looking for a super easy (and delicious), grab-and-go breakfast option, this recipe is for you!
Simply made of oats, bananas, spices, and your choice of add-ins. These yummy cookies are like eating a bowl of oatmeal in cookie form.
This recipe is perfect if you’re looking for another way to use bananas that have gotten a little bit too ripe. The banana provides the sweetness and moisture for these cookies, so no need to add in any additional fat or sugar ingredients.
These are delicious and easy enough for a little chef to make on their own (with your help popping things in the oven of course).
Gluten-free banana oat cookies make a perfect on-the-go breakfast or after school snack. You can even store them in the freezer, so they’re available when a sugar craving creeps up on you.
GLUTEN-FREE BANANA OAT COOKIES RECIPE
- 2 really ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup total your choice of add-ins
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a mixing bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add oats, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Stir with a spoon until well combined. Stir in optional add-ins.
- Scoop by spoonful onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Chocolate chips
- Dried cranberries
- Chopped walnuts, almonds, or pecans
- Coconut flakes
- Cacao nibs
- Carob chips
The flavor possibilities are endless with these little bites! Let us know in the comments how you’ll make these gluten-free banana oat cookies your own!
Do you love oats? Try our Superfood Apple Oatmeal Recipe!