Energy Bars Recipe
Just like protein bars, I’ve never met a prepackaged energy bar I liked. And I’m so easy to get along with! My quest for the perfect bar led me to create my own (with a little kick in the pants when my daughter started asking for cookies. What?! How does she even know what a cookie is? I blame her dad. But… I digress).
This recipe has been a huge hit with kids, athletes, moms, and celebrities alike. Enjoy!
ENERGY BARS RECIPE
- 1 c almonds
- 1 c walnuts
- 1/2 c sunflower seeds
- 1 c dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 c dried shredded coconut
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp maca powder (optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place a piece of parchment paper in a large baking pan.
- Place almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, apricots, and coconut in a food processor until they are small pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine all other ingredients until mixed well. Add the dry mixture and stir together.
- Press into the pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Once cool, cut into bars and enjoy!
- Try substituting your favorite nuts for almonds or walnuts.
- Toss in two tablespoons of hemp hearts for protein and a boost of healthy fat.
- If you don’t have parchment paper, you can use a bit of coconut oil for the pan.
- Maca is optional, but I highly recommend it.
- I like to single wrap these bars so I can grab them and go.
Talk about energy! Between the nuts, seeds, and dried fruit, these energy bars are perfect for a busy day of play! Sunflower seeds are rich in the amino acid tryptophan, which has an incredible calming effect, and it’s also essential for optimal growth in children.
Looking for other delicious recipes? Try this Lip Lickin’ Chocolate Cupcake Recipe!