Cup-O-Dan Coffee Alternative Recipe
Did you know that over 50 percent of Americans claim they need to start their day off with a “cup-o-Joe”?
Many of those same people say they don’t feel like themselves without it. That’s over 100 million Americans who start their day with a powerful, stimulant drink with possible side-effects.
While coffee is just fine for some, there are others who should try to avoid coffee and the caffeine kick it provides.
For example, coffee isn’t the best choice for those who are suffering from any thyroid issues, hormone imbalances, adrenal conditions, or autoimmune diseases.
If you are one of those people who just need a warm, soothing drink in the morning to coax you into your day, you’re in luck! I’ve got something even better for you.
I call it a “Cup-O-Dan”.
This Cup-O-Dan is both warming and offers many health benefits from each ingredient.
Dandelion root from an herbal beverage called Dandy Blend is the magic ingredient in this brew.
CUP-O-DAN COFFEE ALTERNATIVE RECIPE
- 2 c boiling water
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 T ghee
- 1 t to 1 T raw honey or pure maple syrup (optional)
- 1 T raw cacao powder
- 2 T collagen powder
- 1 T Dandy Blend
- 1/4 t cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- Place all ingredients into a venting blender.
- Blend until combined.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!
- You can use 2 T of coconut oil if you don’t want to use ghee, or vice-versa.
- If you don’t have a venting blender, place all ingredients in a small saucepan and whisk together until boiling.
- Omit the collagens if you’re not craving a protein boost.
4 REASONS I LOVE DANDY BLEND
- It contains dandelion root. You may consider dandelion a weed, but people all over the world view dandelion as a valuable herbal remedy that nourishes and cleanses the kidneys and liver.
- It’s gluten-free! Even though Dandy blend is made with barley and rye, which are both gluten-containing grains, during the extraction process, the gluten proteins that are not water soluble are left behind, making Dandy Blend gluten-free!
- This blend contains over 50 trace minerals, which the body uses to synthesize compounds needed in metabolism.
- If you need to transition away from coffee, Dandy Blend will help you avoid headaches and other withdrawal symptoms that may come when you eliminate coffee.
For more on Tammie, head here!