Creamy Dreamy Creamsicle Smoothie Recipe
You know those flavors that take you back to your childhood and instantly put you in a state of bliss? For me, that’s a creamsicle.
Nothing fancy, just the orange and white ice cream bar. It sounds simple but when I was younger, it didn’t get any better than that.
Something else that’s simple is this smoothie. May the flavor carry you away on clouds in this summer heat!
CREAMY DREAMY CREAMSICLE SMOOTHIE RECIPE
- 1 banana, chopped and frozen
- 1 c coconut milk
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 Medjool date, pitted
- 1/3 tsp vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients into your Vitamix blender.
- Blend until smooth, and enjoy!
- Want an even creamier, dreamier smoothie? Add half a cup of frozen avocado or three tablespoons coconut cream (the thick part at the top of a can of coconut milk).
- You can also use two or three clementines instead of oranges and a couple drops of stevia in place of the Medjool date.
- These freeze and reblend well, so make a batch and store them in individual freezer bags for when you’re in a rush!
Dates provide a quick boost of energy and also help with constipation and intestinal issues. They’re also rich in iron and can lower LDL cholesterol.
Hungry for more delicious smoothie recipes? Give this Green and Lean Smoothie a try!