Healthy Cookie Dough Hummus Recipe
When we think of hummus, we think of a savory and creamy dip for veggies or crackers. But we don’t think of something sweet and fit for kids to snack on like a dessert.
So, naturally, when I told my kids I was making cookie dough hummus, they were shocked. “Really? That sounds disgusting!” They said.
Given their response, I won’t be surprised if you feel surprised too when I tell you there’s a delicious and healthy cookie dough hummus that you and your kids will love.
When you’re in the mood for something sweet and filling, this is the dip to make for dessert, an afternoon treat, or a fun lunchbox surprise.
This Cookie Dough Hummus recipe is loaded with protein, fiber, and fabulous flavor! This recipe is appetizing and as I’ve seen countless times now – kids love it!
Serve it with your favorite fruit or veggie slices. Some of my favorites include apples, bananas, jicama, and celery.
HEALTHY COOKIE DOUGH HUMMUS RECIPE
- 4–6 whole Medjool dates
- 1 cup of water
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup tahini or unsweetened nut butter of your choice
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2–4 Tablespoon raw honey
- 2 Tablespoon flax meal
- 2–4 Tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Pit the dates and place in a small bowl.
- Add 1 cup of water and allow dates to soak while preparing other ingredients.
- Drain and rinse garbanzo beans and place in a blender or food processor.
- Add in the nut butter, vanilla, sea salt, baking soda, raw honey, flax meal, and soaked dates.
- Blend together and slowly add in almond milk until desired consistency is reached.
- Place hummus in a serving bowl and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Enjoy the hummus with seasonal fruit or veggies for best flavor.
- If you’re vegan, omit the honey.
- Add some blood sugar-stabilizing ingredients:
- Hemp seeds
- Chia seeds
Have you ever tried a dessert hummus? I know you’re going to love it!
Hungry for more? Head here to snag another tasty hummus recipe, Sweet Pea Hummus Recipe!