Chickpea Curry Comfort Recipe
I discovered chickpeas several years ago while dining out at an Indian restaurant. I had this amazing dish with curry, vegetables, and mouthwatering naan (a delicious bread) on the side. It was heaven and soon became the only dish I would order every time I went there.
The restaurant has long since closed but this recipe, inspired by that dish, lives on in my kitchen.
CHICKPEA CURRY COMFORT RECIPE
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 c chickpeas, cooked (or 1 15 oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- salt, to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot and sauté onions and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add curry to the pot and cook, stirring continuously, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add the chickpeas and tomatoes and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes.
- Add salt and enjoy!
- Enjoy this dish over brown rice or quinoa for a filling, nutritious meal.
- Top with cilantro for added flavor and freshness.
- If you like a spicier dish, add some red chili pepper.
Studies show that chickpeas can actually help control appetite making them a total winner when it comes to weight loss. This aromatic dish also contains flavor-filled garlic which not only helps to satiate but also cleanses the digestive tract, flushing out fat-storing toxins.
Now that’s comforting!
Will you try this dish? Share how your dish turns out in the comments!
If you like this recipe, you’ll also love this Spicy Lentil Soup Recipe!