Savory Butternut Squash Fries Recipe
I do things a little differently than most people. I make milkshakes out of kale, and I question the status quo. One night I thought, “Why can I only make fries from potatoes? Why not other veggies?”
Then I started cooking and voila! I now introduce you to your new favorite recipe, butternut squash fries!
SAVORY BUTTERNUT SQUASH FRIES RECIPE
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1-2 Tbsp extra light olive oil, depending on the size of the squash
- 1 Tbsp dried sage
- 2 drops liquid stevia
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel the butternut squash, discard the seedy center, and cut into sticks about 1/3 inch thick.
- Steam for 5 minutes or until just slightly tender. Check frequently so you don’t oversteam!
- Place squash in a bowl with remaining ingredients and toss until well coated.
- Bake fries on a wire cooling rack in a baking dish so they are evenly crisped for 8-10 minutes.
- Flip fries and cook an additional 8-10 minutes or until crisp and enjoy!
- You can use a half teaspoon of blackstrap molasses instead of stevia.
- Try adding half a teaspoon of cinnamon for a warm, soothing flavor.
Butternut squash contains beautifying antioxidants that help fight free radicals that can cause aging and dull hair. It’s also a wonderful source of B-vitamins to give you an extra energy boost. Oh, and did I mention they are full of belly-trimming fiber too? Talk about guilt-free fries!
Looking for more guilt-free recipes? Give this Refreshing Strawberry and Lemon Mint Salad recipe a try!