Beautiful Buddha Bowl Recipe
Buddha bowls are super easy to make and a staple in my home. It’s a simple way to combine healthy proteins, carbs, and flavorful veggies to make a hearty meal in minutes!
I always keep a bowl of brown rice and sliced veggies in my fridge for this very purpose!
BEAUTIFUL BUDDHA BOWL RECIPE
- 2 c brown rice, cooked
- 1/2 head broccoli, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 c spinach
- 1/2 c red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp water
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 3 Tbsp Bragg’s liquid aminos
- Add garlic and coconut oil to a saucepan and saute for 3 minutes.
- Place broccoli, carrots, and bell peppers in a pot with 4 tablespoons of water and cover for 3-5 minutes or until veggies are crisp and tender.
- Add spinach to pot for 1 minute, then remove from heat and drain.
- Place brown rice in a bowl, add veggies, top with avocado and liquid aminos, and enjoy!
- For even more beautifying nutrients, toss two tablespoons of hemp seeds on top before serving.
- You can also substitute your favorite veggies in this dish and use quinoa instead of brown rice.
Brown rice is a fantastic, gluten-free source of slow carbs to give you incredible lasting energy. Plus, it’s filled with fat burning fiber, unlike its over-processed white rice cousin.
Add the natural fiber content from the veggies, and this meal is ideal for trimming and slimming!
Looking for more delicious and healthy recipes? Give this Curried Lentil Cashew Burger a try!