Beautifying Black Bean Soup Recipe
Black beans don’t always get the credit they deserve when it comes to being antioxidant and health superstars. They are often overshadowed by other antioxidant superfoods like berries, nuts, and greens.
Here’s a delicious recipe for you to help you tap into all those anti-aging benefits!
BEAUTIFYING BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPE
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- ½ c onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 c mushrooms, chopped
- ¼ c celery, chopped
- 3 c black beans, cooked, divided
- 1 c water
- ½ t cumin
- salt to taste
- Place coconut oil in large pot and sauté onion, garlic, mushroom, and celery until crisp-tender.
- Blend ½ cup of black beans with 1 cup water until smooth.
- Place blended black beans, remaining black beans, and cumin in the pot.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and serve to enjoy!
- Use broth instead of water for gut healing benefits.
- Spice it up with some red pepper flakes.
- Top with fresh herbs for a host of healing powers.
We’re big fans of black beans and all their anti-aging properties!
That’s right! Black beans are full of free-radical fighting compounds. Maybe black beans are part of the fountain of youth? We’re just speculating.
Other things we love about black beans:
- They have a high protein and fiber content! This is a great way to add protein to your diet without having to consume animal products.
- These little powerhouses may help to strengthen your bones, thanks to their rich calcium, phosphorus, zinc, and iron stores.
- Black beans are naturally low in sodium and rich in other vitamins and minerals found to decrease blood pressure.
- They aid in healthy digestion and weight loss! Black beans help you to stay satiated longer, which helps to manage calorie intake.
These are just a few of our favorite benefits of the oh so beautiful black bean! What are your favorite black bean recipes? Share with us below!
Hungry for more? Enjoy this Black Bean Cake Recipe!