Black Bean Cakes Recipe
Put black beans in anything, and I’m sold! They were one of my daughter’s first solid foods, and she’s as obsessed with them as I am.
I created this recipe as an appetizer for a client’s Oscar party in Hollywood. Let’s just say it took home the “Best Dish To Hold In Your Hand While Networking For Your Big Break” award!
BLACK BEAN CAKES RECIPE
- 1/3 c onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 c walnuts
- 1 c brown rice, cooked
- 1 1/2 c black beans, cooked (or 1 15 oz can, drained and rinsed)
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 c nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place onion and garlic in food processor and process until fine.
- Add walnuts to food processor and process until fine.
- Add remaining ingredients and process slightly, leaving some texture in the mixture.
- Use your hands to form mixture into 4 patties.
- Place in baking pan, bake 15 minutes or until crisp on the top, and enjoy!
- You can wrap them in leaves of lettuce for a delicious meal on the go!
Black beans are a rich source of folate (aka vitamin B9) and iron. Both of these nutrients are key to a healthy nervous system to keep you calm and resilient in all situations.
These two nutrients are also especially good for pregnant women, so if you’re expecting, dig in!
Hungry for more? Check out this delicious Energy Bars Recipe!