Spicy Avocado Cucumber Salad Recipe
After moving to California many years ago, I quickly became enamored with avocados. It seemed like everyone was eating this peculiar green fruit, and after tasting one, I immediately knew why!
This recipe is the result of having a delicious salad at a restaurant and being inspired to recreate it at home. It’s one of my favorites!
SPICY AVOCADO CUCUMBER SALAD RECIPE
- 1 large avocado
- 1/2 Tbsp Earth Balance Mindful Mayo™
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 4 c mixed greens
- 1 c cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- Scoop flesh from the avocado and place in a bowl.
- Add Mindful Mayo, sesame oil, Sriracha, and liquid aminos to the bowl and mix well.
- Place greens, tomatoes, and cucumber on a plate and top with avocado mixture. Bon Appetit!
- Sriracha is a pretty fiery little sauce, so you might want to add a quarter teaspoon at a time until you get it to your desired hot level.
- You can also choose your own plant-based mayo.
- When it comes to the liquid aminos, you can use a raw or gluten-free soy sauce instead.
Avocados, also known as the alligator pear, actually contain a hefty amount of fiber. This makes them an excellent tool for weight loss.
Not only does it increase satiety and control blood sugar levels, studies show that fiber actually reduces the number of calories absorbed by the body. Pretty cool, huh?
Hungry for more? Check out this delicious Savory Butternut Squash Fries Recipe.