AIP Friendly Ranch Dressing Recipe
This simple adaptation to a traditional favorite is dairy free, egg free, Paleo and AIP friendly.
I’m not sure there are many die-hard dippers out there who would be willing to give up their ranch dressing, but with this simple homemade ranch dressing, made with real food ingredients, is a perfect upgrade for a veggie dip, a traditional salad dressing, or even a creamy sauce for chicken or fish.
AIP FRIENDLY RANCH DRESSING RECIPE
- 3/4 c coconut milk (from the can, use a gum-free brand if following AIP)
- 1 5.4 oz can coconut cream
- 2 T raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 c avocado oil
- 2 T Ranch Spice Mix (see recipe below)
- Combine the coconut milk, coconut cream and apple cider vinegar in a high-powered blender.
- While the blender is running on low speed, slowly pour in the avocado oil and blend until fully emulsified.
- Add the ranch spice mix and pulse a few times to combine.
- Store the dressing in the refrigerator in a sealed glass jar for 1-2 weeks.
RANCH SPICE MIX
- 2 T dried parsley
- 1½ T Italian seasoning
- 1½ T dried dill
- 1 T garlic powder
- ¾ t onion powder
- 1 t sea salt
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients together and store in an airtight glass jar.
- Label the jar “Ranch Mix” and include the date you mixed it.
- Use this to make Ranch Dressing or Ranch Spice Mix can be used to season meat, fish, and poultry or sprinkled on veggies.
- You can make your own Italian Seasoning by combining the following dried herbs:
(1½ t oregano, 1 t marjoram, 1 t thyme, ½ t basil, ½ t rosemary, and ½ t sage).
- Add a dash of cayenne pepper or chipotle for a little bit of spice.
Ranch Dressing is my favorite condiments to use with anything! I’d even bet that some can’t eat veggies or pizza without the creamy white condiment.
Unfortunately, the store-bought products that claim to be from a “secret-farm” contain a lot of chemical ingredients and additives that only harm our bodies.
In order to give ranch’s shelf-life a boost, many companies plump their product full of additives and harmful ingredients that you can’t even pronounce. Among these questionable ingredients, you’ll find a fair amount of sugar, hydrogenated oils (which you want to avoid at all costs!), and other terrifying ingredients you’ll want to skip if health is a priority for you!
Making your own salad dressing, whether it be ranch, italian, or any other kind you might fancy, is a simple way to ensure you’re eating high-quality, healthy ingredients, and a great way to save money!
The best part about making your own dressing is that it’s insanely easy! Seriously!
Try this recipe out, and you’ll be able to see for yourself.
Here’s a list of some other great recipes you can toss this dressing over:
- Power Up Quinoa Recipe
- Fresh Cucumber Tomato Salad Recipe
- Easy Peasy Carrot Chips Recipe
- Beautiful Buddha Bowl Recipe
- Curried Lentil Cashew Burger Recipe
- Black Bean Cakes Recipe
Comment below and tell us your favorite thing to pair with a side of ranch!