A Simple 5-Step Success Process
Who wants to be a successful Health Coach? (Or Life or Wellness Coach?)
Me, me! Pick me! I’d bet money that you do too! Because you probably wouldn’t be reading this article if you didn’t.
A SIMPLE 5-STEP SUCCESS PROCESS
This is for all the aspiring coaches out there! (Let me hear you say “Heyo!”)
You’re in luck! I have a simple 5 step success process that will help make you a successful Health Coach and help your business thrive! (Raise your hand if you want those things!)
So, even if you have an existing coaching business and you’re finding it tough to find high-quality clients, you can use this process as a way to get back to basics, reassess what you’re currently doing, and revive your coaching business.
This is the process I have used to start my online coaching business and consistently attract “high ticket” coaching clients!
This approach is simple and easy to follow! Plus, there is plenty of freedom and flexibility in each step of the process.
We all know that we need to set goals to accomplish the things that we want to achieve.
But if you’re anything like me, setting goals has always kind of scared me.
ARE YOU GOAL-AVERSE?
I used to be “goal-averse.”
Let me explain.
Goal setting is all good in theory, but I’ve realized that MY process to achieving my goals usually looks a lot different than how it’s typically taught.
We are usually taught something like this: If we want to achieve “Z,” we must set “WXY” goal, follow steps one through five to get there, and BAM we’ve reached our goals and all is well with the world.
Welp, that’s just not how it works for me.
My goal setting process has never been that linear.
I used to start off all pumped up and excited to work towards my new goals! You might be familiar with the process.
I’d write out all the steps that someone else told me I needed to take to achieve my goal based on how THEY achieved a similar goal.
And inevitably, I would come to a point in my journey where I would hit a roadblock that would throw me off course. The result? I would give up!
Here’s the thing — NOT achieving my goals is NOT an option because I have a BIG purpose to fulfill in this lifetime.
YOU. DO. TOO!
I realized that I was “goal-averse” because I had a metaphorical chokehold on HOW I would make it happen.
Can you relate?
STAY CALM AND SET GOALS
In business (and life in general), it’s important to set goals because they keep us on track and give our actions intention on our journey to achieving our bigger purpose.
But we need to be FLEXIBLE in our approach to achieving these goals, which is where I used to go wrong.
And I know I’m not alone in my struggle! Why? Because I get so many messages from people who are failing to achieve their goals for the same reason!
We can get so desperate to reach our goals that we try to control EVERY part of the goal achieving process.
Which usually results in us failing to achieve our goals.
We want something so bad that we get so attached to HOW we will achieve our goals, so we miss the mark because our path to achievement doesn’t match our vision.
This inspired me to reverse engineer my process for successfully achieving any goal. This includes starting a successful online coaching business, and I’m excited to share it with you!
FALL IN LOVE WITH GOAL SETTING
Follow this process if you want to achieve any goal…
- Invest: Invest your time, energy, and money (yes, I said money, honey!).
- Routines: Use what you learn from your investments to establish routines and habits for success.
- Research: Continuously do your research! Being a life-long learner is essential!
- Create: Create something already! Don’t just consume; create a digital or physical product. Figure out a way to help people, and then actually help them!
- Sell: Monetize your expertise! You’ve invested, spent time creating routines, and you’ve done your research. Now, you deserve to make some money!! (Here’s the most important part to remember: making money will allow you to KEEP doing what you love!)
Here’s the recipe: Invest + Routines + Research + Create + Sell = Success, baby!
KEEP IT SIMPLE!
It’s really that simple!
You can even share this approach with your clients!
Whatever you want to accomplish, whether it be:
- Starting a business
- Losing weight
- Gaining weight
- Passing a certification test
This process is super flexible, and it gives you so much room to play so you can figure out how you can apply it to your own goals.
This process isn’t going to tell you EXACTLY what to do in every step of your goal setting process. You will HAVE to be resourceful, and whatever you don’t know how to do, you have to figure it out. (That’s where the research part comes into play!)
Tony Robbins said, “It’s not the lack of resources stopping you; it’s your lack of resourcefulness that stops you!”
GUIDELINES FOR SUCCESS
The process I’ve shared will force you to be resourceful because it’s not a “paint by numbers” approach to achievement.
There is no one-size-fits-all formula for success. (Just like there isn’t a cookie cutter health coaching plan!)
But here are some guidelines you can follow if you truly want to be successful at anything!
- When you have a meaningful goal with a powerful “why” driving you, you eliminate your own excuses.
- When you understand your ultimate “why,” it’ll be easy to dedicate your life to accomplishing that goal.
- It has to be your main focus other than yourself and your family.
- You will have to do things you don’t feel like doing. (Ask me how I know!)
- You will have to do things you haven’t done before.
- You’ve got to “use what you got to get all that you want.”
When I was competing in figure competitions, I went HARD.
Here are some things I had to do to reach my goal…
- Hire a trainer and a posing coach.
- Workout 3 times a day.
- Wake up at 4 am weekdays to workout before work.
- Study fitness & sports nutrition.
- Practice every chance I got.
- Eat crazy combinations of foods to hit my macros.
I was so focused on my goal that it didn’t matter what it took to get it done (as long as it was ethical).
The process it took to get there was exactly the process I shared with you…
Invest + Routines + Research + Create + Sell = Success! (Starting to see the pattern?)
Everything I did was pretty much centered around competing.
Now that I started my new business as an online business coach, I pretty much do the same thing!
- Hire coaches to help me grow and overcome things holding me back.
- Create a morning routine.
- Read daily to expand my knowledge.
- Write and create content daily.
- Promote my brand and my services in some way, shape, or form every single day. #cantstopwontstop
YOU DESERVE SUCCESS
It’s the same success formula over and over! It’s no secret, and it’s nothing magical! (Okay, maybe just a little magical!)
Don’t get me wrong, there’s a lot that each piece of the formula entails, but I truly believe that anyone can follow this process to achieve success. I’ve seen it with my own clients!
Get resourceful and tailor it to match your own goals. Don’t overthink it, and let your “why” drive you!
Comment below and tell us your goal or your “why”!